Content Marketer (contract 16 months)
Vidyard is looking for an experienced writer and/or content marketer to help take its thought leadership and #sellertainment content to the next level. This role is a unique opportunity to join a newly formed team at Vidyard building out the Sales Feed media network for B2B sales professionals (www.salesfeedmedia.com). A small team that has grand aspirations of becoming the most followed newsletter, YouTube channel, and social media brand in the world of sales by creating the most engaging, interesting, and downright entertaining content for this audience.
Can you help us get there?
This driven individual will manage the editorial calendar for content planning and delivery across a number of online channels while taking the lead on writing the weekly Sales Feed newsletter, video scripts, and more. You’ll embrace our witty and quirky brand voice to write humorous content that makes people laugh while learning.
As an integral part of the 5 person Sales Feed team, you’ll work with other creatives, producers and subject matter experts on a daily basis to plan and deliver videos, podcasts, music, memes and social media content that is both educational and entertaining. As such, you’re not only a skilled project manager, but you’re also a great writer with a creative flair and passion for comedy.
This role will report to our VP of Marketing and Chief Video Strategist, Tyler Lessard
Meet Tyler and hear what he says about this new role! https://video.vidyard.com/watch/grLhpEJ51SfQtUTdZMtp51
Note: this role is a 16 month contract
As a member Sales Feed media team at Vidyard, your responsibilities will include:
- Project and program management: Managing the editorial calendar for content creation and publishing across various online channels and social media networks
- Writing weekly editions of the Sales Feed newsletter, bringing our brand to life and putting a smile on the face of each and every reader (subscribe yourself at www.salesfeedmedia.com to see what the newsletter is all about)
- Writing video scripts, short articles, and other forms of written content
- Brainstorming new content ideas and helping to bring them to life
Skills and experience we think are important to crush it in this role:
- 5+ years experience in writing, content marketing, or a related discipline
- Experience writing newsletters, video scripts, blog articles and/or similar content
- Strong understanding of SEO and inbound marketing fundamentals
- Self-starter able to develop a strategy, manage the day-to-day execution, and experiment with new ideas
- Experience with tools like HubSpot and Trello is helpful
- Knowledge of the video production process is also a BONUS
- An absolute passion for creating wow-worthy content that people can’t wait to consume
**As part of your application we ask that you submit a 2 minute or less video on WHY you think you'd be a great Content Marketer using Vidyard (complete your free sign-up here).
And please include a link to your portfolio or content in your application.
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include vacation.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Vancouver, BC, & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will be an integral part of the team!
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.