Content Marketing Senior Lead, Developer Ecosystem (Remote, Americas)
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,700,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Shopify's Developer Ecosystem team is in search of a creative, seasoned Content Marketing Lead with a technical background. This leader will manage the narrative of content marketing for our developer audience and be responsible for building engaging content that inspires the world’s developers to build apps on Shopify, using the latest technology to create value for our 1.7M+ merchants worldwide. Your team will partner with our marketing UX, product, and marketing teams to run campaigns across a variety of channels to build our developer ecosystem.
In this role, your primary audience is developers. You need to understand this audience and speak their language, ideally you yourself have a technical background. You’ll be a key driver of content strategy, development, and distribution, working closely with product, marketing, eng, developer advocacy and partnerships to create and deliver content that drives engagement and conversions through different stages of the funnel. You’ll map out a content strategy that supports our growth and product goals, to attract new developers and engage existing ones to ultimately create value for our merchants. Through world-class content, your work will attract and engage our developer community and help them understand the capabilities of our platform (APIs, extensions, etc), the opportunity that creates (developers have built billion dollar businesses on Shopify’s platform) and the community they are a part of when they build on Shopify.
You have a passion for creating content that speaks to developers and the ability to articulate how organic content drives sustainable business growth.You have previous experience developing content for a technical audience. You have strong leadership and vision that you’re able to communicate clearly to business, marketing and technical partners. You love to experiment and try new things, are deeply curious and will roll up your sleeves to get shit done.
- Own the narrative of developer-focussed content strategy
- Manage end-to-end development of content with internal teams, ensuring all production deliverables are met on time and within scope on multiple concurrent projects
- Understand the impact of content on our funnel and able to iterate based on this information
- Discover opportunities for new content based on ecosystem knowledge, and input from Developer Relations, R&D Teams, Partnerships and PMM
- Oversee and produce incredible and relevant content to engage the developer audience and present the opportunity of building on Shopify
- Conduct usability tests to gauge content effectiveness and gather data to make informed recommendations based on those results.
- Work with data to measure the impact and effectiveness of your work
- Establishing workflows for scaling the requesting, creation, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Work with digital marketing peers to create landing pages that inform and convert
- Collaborate with country marketing managers to support international growth
- Maintain and update evergreen content
- Manage and grow a team that runs campaigns that leverage a variety of owned, earned, and paid channels, including the developer partner blog, youtube (video), and other editorial, social, and web channels.
- You will partner closely with our marketing UX, product marketing, and channel teams to develop and deliver go-to-market plans tailored to building our developer ecosystem.
- You will measure, analyze and optimize program performance and bring new and innovative content marketing go-to-market tactics into the fold.
- 7+ years experience developing and executing a growth content strategy at scale with a consistent record of driving business and audience growth
- 5+ years experience building, mentoring, and leading high caliber teams
- Proven experience writing for technical audiences on one or more of the following topics: Coding, DevOps, Cloud Computing, App Development, APIs, Developer Platforms, Ecosystems, Entrepreneurship
- Proven ability to identify new audiences and opportunities, create a strategy, and execute the strategy
- Ideate content programs that reflect the core of Shopify Developers, that are intent driven (SEO), social ready and geared to compound our audience growth.
- The ability to lead in rapidly changing business environments and situations and effectively negotiate to gain resolution
- The ability to assess and implement successful and focused acquisition marketing plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to both subject matter experts and non-technical professionals
- The ability to present compelling business cases to stakeholders
- Data-based mentality with excellent analytical skills along with an understanding of critical metrics and financial modeling
- The ability to influence cross-functional teams and champion new concepts and ideas
- The ability to report on campaign results to evaluate media performance and drive insights
- Excellent knowledge of analytics tools (Google analytics, Data Studio, Mode, Tableau etc.)
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE KEEP READING!!
OK, are you excited to apply? Awesome. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you want to address a message to the hiring team, please address it to Paul.
Please attach an example (or examples) of content you've created for a technical audience.
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.