Director of SEO, Growth Product
About the team
We are an energetic, and enthusiastic SEO team working to maximize the search traffic opportunity across Zillow Group. We help build great products, solve hard problems, and keep a good life balance. Our culture is one of our biggest strengths. In our company, people treat each other with respect, and together cultivate a culture of teamwork, transparency, accountability and fun.
About the role
The Zillow Growth team is seeking an extraordinary SEO leader to help grow one of our most critical traffic channels.
This role supports the success of our growing Zillow Group SEO team and puts your strategic and tactical chops to the test.
- You will quickly dive deep to understand Zillow Group’s current programs work to enhance our short-term and long-term SEO strategy.
- You will mentor, grow, and lead a talented and ambitious group of SEO PMs.
- You will work and collaborate tightly with product, engineering, design and business teams to execute against the SEO strategy.
- You will deeply understand metrics and levers for impact, and will clearly articulate strategic approach, opportunities, and risks.
- You will prioritize continuous learning, cultivate industry connections, and ensure our approach to SEO is adaptive and modernized at an enterprise scale.
- You will act as an SEO evangelist by effectively communicating our approach, opportunities, and risks to partners and stakeholders across Zillow Group.
- You will be a stakeholder in product and concept reviews, ensuring that teams are thoughtful about SEO implications.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
• You have 5+ years of experience focused on technical SEO
• You have prior experience working on large-scale sites (>10M pages)
• You have prior experience leading and developing a team of SEO Product Managers at various career levels
• You are a strategic thinker that can identify opportunities, articulate trade offs and break down complex problems into meaningful, actionable steps
• You have a highly experimental and scientific mindset, contributing to an ever-improving understanding of the effects that influence SEO outcomes.
• You have strong written and oral communication skills
• You have knowledge of agile development processes and practices
• You have keen attention to detail
• You have the ability to inspire others and evangelize SEO
• You have the ability to learn quickly, self-teach, and deliver results
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Millions of people visit Zillow and its affiliate sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow, we're powered by our innovative and inclusive work culture, where everyone has the flexibility, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to redefine the employee experience, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents 2020, and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Your application has been successfully submitted.